Monday, March 18, 2013

Get to Know the Author: Celeste!

What's your current gig? I work full time in an outpatient psychiatry clinic, part-time as Director of Development and Board Member of a community theater/creative center, and I freelance as a choreographer/dance instructor, hair stylist, and editor.  I also spend a lot of my time volunteering for [mostly non-profit] events. 

Name 3 pop culture influences that effect you and your work currently: "Archer," "How I Met Your Mother," and "Buffy the Vampire Slayer." 

One word that best describes how you work: Organized.  I'll map every project out more times than I need to before I can get started.  It's a sickness. 

What do you need in order to work most effectively? A huge block of uninterrupted time (I have trouble starting if I know I have to stop soon), music or ambient noise, and a self-confident attitude.  Also: some sort of computer and/or pen and paper helps, right?

If you weren’t an author, what would you want to be? An executive director of a [preferably creative and/or my own] business.  But if I'm not allowed to be traditionally creative, everyone says I should have been a lawyer.  So I guess that.

What everyday thing are you better at than anyone else? I'm certainly not better than everyone else, but I have a knack for cleaning a room pretty quickly.
What motivates you? Other people's success and creativity.  I can get competitve....  Also: good weather.  I feel like a new person if it's nice out.

What inspires you? Art, definitely.  Also: bright colors. 

What's the best advice you've ever received? "Just do it."  Yes, it's the Nike slogan, but my mother had ingrained that in us long before Nike entered our lives.  I've been able to accomplish a lot without doubting myself, beacuse of that.  Also: "Look it up."  I asked a million questions as a kid and my parents always responded with that.  It helped me establish a knack for research and finding solutions on my own. And of course: "Keep moving forward, or the bus explodes!"  Jeff already covered why that one is important. ;)


Have any more questions for Celeste!? Leave them in the comments!

No comments: